Vanarama marketing case study
Vanarama are a UK based van leasing broker specialising in supplying vans and trucks to the trades sector, latterly developing a car leasing brand Motorama, aimed at a consumer market. Established in 2004 they have grown from a used car dealership into the UK’s largest independent leasing vehicle leasing broker in the UK. From 2014 to 2018 I worked in a variety of roles including serving on their board as Brand Director.
Here’s how I helped them grow their brand across the UK, winning numerous awards along the way including the 2015 Lloyds Bank National Business Award for Best Business.
As Brand Director my challenge was to raise awareness of the brand and ensure consistency both in terms of creative presentation and tone of voice.
Initially understanding the customer, in particular their problems and jobs to be done gave me a good insight into what was important for them.
During my time at Vanarama I grew the team from two full time and one part time team member to a team of fifteen, covering all major disciplines within marketing – graphic design, copywriting, social media and digital marketing including SEO and PPC.
I also served on the board alongside fellow directors from Operations, Sales and HR.
- Grew daily lead/enquiry count by an average of 357% in three years
- Grew team from three to fifteen people
- Launched nationwide football sponsorship across 68 clubs in England
- Managed four brand activations at Wembley Stadium
- Managed launch of four TV and radio ad campaigns
- Represented on marketing on the board of directors
- Wrote and presented winning award entry for Lloyds Bank National Business Awards
- Worked with agencies and team on nationally recognised and multi award winning Manarama campaign
- Established successful national van drivers award scheme
“I loved working with Steve for several years during his time at Vanarama. He’s bright, likeable and gets the job done. We had many interesting debates where Steve showed he was open to all sides of an argument. Very much a team player with oodles of ideas to make ideas and campaigns come alive. Where I’m from we’d say ‘Top Bloke’.”
Michael Heppell, Trainer and International Speaker